Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Strange Experience #14

I was 31 years old and lying on the couch watching the Dallas Cowboys play the Washington Redskins on a Sunday afternoon. I was on my left side with my head resting in the left hand. Suddenly it felt as if someone jumped on me with considerable force directly below the bottom right rib. Jeez, I nearly passed out from the pain. I had to watch the rest of the game on my stomach because I could not breathe comfortably in any other position. I was also only able to sleep that night by lying on my stomach. Monday morning I went directly to a doctor's office. He poked me a few times and then had X-rays done. Spontaneous pneumothorax, he said. Collapsed Lung. I told him it felt like someone had jumped on me. With a smile and a shrug he said it happens occasionally but is rather rare.

No comments: