Monday, June 9, 2008

My Strange Experience #6

Sometime in my mid-twenties I rented a trailer house because I was nearly broke and needed a place to live that was cheap and close to work. And it was perfect for my needs at the time. In the front of the trailer, in the living room, was a mobile made from glass squares and triangles hanging from the ceiling. It never made any noise when I was in the living room and I never opened any windows. My air conditioner was running almost all the time because it was hot and muggy. But, when I went to bed at night, the mobile would start making noises, even though there was no breeze to make it move. It did not make noise every night, but it did so maybe three or four times a week. I lived there for about six months and it never made any noise while I was in the living room, only at night after I had gone to bed in the rear bedroom of the trailer. At the beginning I would get up from bed, turn the lights on, and slowly make my way to the living room. But the mobile would fall silent. I would stand there waiting to see any movement. Nothing. I made my peace, silently, with whatever was happening and I learned to live with it until I moved out.

No comments: