Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Strange Experience #9

Years ago, I was stationed outside of Paris, France at the headquarters for U.S. forces in Europe. Three friends and I decided to drive to Le Mans in my Volkswagen beetle to see the famous 24 hour endurance race. The drive normally takes about two hours but we took about 9 hours because we stopped in almost every town to have a glass of wine and savor the ambience. We arrived in Le Mans about 4 or 5 in the afternoon. By that time I was very drunk and should not have been driving. A car making a left turn in front of us suddenly stopped and I swerved to the right to miss the car. But I managed to hit the right rear fender of the car and then came to a stop. While waiting for the police to arrive I began to feel light-headed and laid down across the front seats of my Volkswagen. The next thing I knew, I awoke the next morning in the hospital. My three friends arrived soon after and I was released by a doctor. We left the hospital and went to watch the race. Several months later I recalled an incident during my hospitalization. I remembered waking up sometime during the night (it had to be night because it was so quiet) and I was lying on a table. It was very cold and I was naked. I also had an erection. I remember looking around and thought I saw some movement directly behind me. I raised myself slightly to get a better look but no one was there. The walls were bare and I cannot even recall seeing a doorway. One question that continues to nag at me...why would a hospital have a naked patient lying on a table in a cold, bare room in the middle of the night?

No comments: