Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Strange Experience #10

When I was about 25 years old I was taking college courses and working a part-time job. I was living in a real dump. Whenever I started the oven to heat up a TV dinner or a frozen pizza large snails would come out from underneath the oven. After the oven cooled down the snails would return to their hideaway. The windows had no curtains and I cut up some sheets to drape over the windows. It was a duplex apartment but no one lived in the other apartment at the time.

I awoke one night about 3 AM lying on my right side with my face to the wall. I was wide awake. Normally I awaken very slowly, feeling groggy for an hour or more. I also hardly ever wake up during the middle of the night. So here I was - wide awake at 3 in the morning. I felt a presence in the room, as if someone was standing directly behind me. I tried to turn my head but I could not move it. I then tried to roll over onto my back but couldn't. I felt like I was frozen except for my eyes. I remember moving my eyes as far to the side as I could so as to see who was in my room. I remember hearing a strange kind of music, something like cymbals and violins. It was something like Christmas music as far as I can remember. It was very beautiful and soothing. Finally, the music stopped and I felt a great release flow through me. I rolled over onto my back and nothing was there. It was silent. I got up and looked out a window. I even went outside and walked around outside. Nothing was there.

No comments: